Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday fun

Wow. Three this week. Michaelangelo ain't got nothin' on us. Ava was especially excited about coloring after dinner this evening. I was inspired by the fact that her drawing style is totally confetti, making every drawing a party. It's true. And so, I give you...



"Party for the Bonsai"

Yes, I know it's a crummy looking bonsai. But it's fun. Why a bonsai? No idea. It just struck me at the moment. I make it a big point to try not to think about what I'm going to draw with her until I'm sitting down on the tiny foot stool next to her tiny picnic bench on which we create. And so, bonsai it is.

Oh, and I decided to start "signing" and dating the drawings. Probably a fair idea. except the 8 looks like a really poorly written "B". Or maybe even a "6". Eh, whaddaya want, crayons aren't easy to write with (or draw detail with, I might add... thus a crummy bonsai).

4 comments:

hellolittlepeepers said...

I showed Ava your blog. She said, "oooh! My color nice!!!"

Yvonne said...

Party!!! Bwweep!! (isn't that the sound the party horn makes?)

Br. Tom said...

When I blow this picture up (not literally, of course, just the bigger version) there appears to be an ant in the lower left hand corner not far from the bonsai. Is this to show scale? In addition, is the bird flying to or away from the bonsai? Or is that to be left up to our own interpretation?

The EYE said...

wow, I'm apparently way more Escher than I ever dreamed.

Maybe not.

The ant is, like everything else, just because. Sure, for scale. that works. The bird... how about the bird is flying towards the bonsai from far, far away?

I like it. :)